One Month Tummy Journey

I don't really know what to post, really. But, I feel like I should post something.


So, I will just talk about my tummy adventure during the break.

Stovalls...like to eat in restaurants.

I don't even remember all of the restaurants.

Of some that I'm able to recall, I guess Bonzai shall be one of the highlight.

Dragon Rolls! After eating none for 6 months...

This guy...he cooked. (that's obvious)
Bonzai is kinda fancy. The food is great...though I believe the taste is not the same with the Japanese foods I have back home. I believe daa Amerikanos have adjusted the taste to the taste of Texan's Tex-Mex.

So, the cook, yeah that guy in the pic above, poured the oil into that...metal thing, drew a smiley face with the oil (yeah, what a good sense of humor) and set it on fire. That...is something I call fancy.

Bonzai's food is great. That kid in the pic behind the cook is annoying. Oops. But anyway, he really is annoying. He made fun of chopsticksssssssssssssss (and I felt like he made fun of ME using da freaking chopsticks).


Another place that I went is Heff's Burgers. Oh yeah, these restaurants are mostly in the southern part of Abilene. Heff's is amusing. It is a burger joint, but it considers itself not as a fast food restaurant. Kind of a family place. It's kinda cool with all of daaa 70s pictures hanging on the wall.

note: The portion is big (for me). If you're wondering why, here's the deal. The American's Whopper Jr. size is the Whopper size I have back home. So, as the size in Heff's is just 'normal' for Amerikanos, you know the rest.

second note: Heff's is the Best Abilene Burger Joints according to Urbanspoon. http://www.urbanspoon.com/f/77/7606/Abilene/Burger-Joints

Beside Heff's...ah Little Panda.

Let's just skip Little Panda, great ACU students know that Asian restaurant.

I tried my first Cracker Barrel...and it was awesome, but I believe there's nothing so fancy about it. Well, the place itself is fancy since it is a restaurant + a store in one place. (Oh, and Amy, the omelet lady is working there, yep, just by the Walmart).

Hmm what's next...Abuelos? I just ate it today, so it's still fresh in my mind.
It's a Mexican restaurant...and as far as I know, I am fond of enchiladas now.
Yes, the great enchiladas: chicken, beef, ground beef...but yet, the best...cheese.

Lately, I am lazy to take pictures...of the restaurants.

ps. I wish I can buy a legit camera, even if it's just a pocket camera.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

Michelle Josephine Sulaiman
19, almost 20.
Stranded in Abilene, TX after a long flight from Jakarta, ID.
9723.78 miles.
Ad veritatem per caritatem '11.