For Mom

This is for mom.

After having a long tiring day at school, I would stop by my mom's office. Then, mom would ask, "Do you want to eat fro-yo?"
And I would say yes. Yes. YES.

And we would eat fro-yo together after her office hours...
Sour Sally's Strawberry Froyo with lots...tons...of strawberries, kiwis, peaches, and nata de coco.

Some days, we would just go to Ajisen Ramen, and I would order chicken katsu don, with hot ocha as my drink.
Mom...she likes to eat that boiled Edamame...she even bought some in the grocery store...and boiled them back home!

If I had a bad day, mom would ask whether I would like to get my favorite ice cream in New Zealand Natural, 'very berry strawberry' or emm I don't really remember, but it's sour and yummy.

Then...if mom had to work since she had extra loads, she would ask me to spend some time before she was able to go home...
That is the time when I rumbled Gramedia, that book store, and learnt some stuffs from some book there.
That is also the time when I slept on the couch in the receptionist area, because I had to practice once I got back home.
That is also the time when I practiced my piano stuffs inside my head with my little black metronome.

Of those funny moments, one of them is when mom bought the new BlackBerry Onyx...and asked me how to operate it...
Yeah, I was sleeping on the couch as usual, and she asked me how to operate it...
and I was so shocked...twas so jaw-dropping...

and she ended up buying me an exact thing...although I told her, maybe Blackberry Curve would be sufficient for me.

I really like steak, so some days we would just eat steak. I also like that Cirebonan thing and gado-gado, so once in a while, we got that.

Some days, after hanging out with my friend, eating Japanese ramen in Beppu, I would just go home with her...and passed out in the car! Yeah, I was so into my piano practice...something that I realized...that I am not doing it that well now.

Mom is the one listening to me during my piano practice time, my 'special time' from 8-11/12 pm.
She would stay there on the couch, brewing tea while reading newspaper.

And of those amazing things...she got me into my piano lessons...even though she was tired...and she might have to skip some church stuffs.
And that nostalgic moment when mom fell asleep on the couch in Pak Joh's house...and he told me,"Look, your mom loves you so much that she took you here...even though she is tired...Why don't you practice well?"

I miss mom.

and mom...Happy Late Mother's Day.


1 comments:

 

Meet The Author

Michelle Josephine Sulaiman
19, almost 20.
Stranded in Abilene, TX after a long flight from Jakarta, ID.
9723.78 miles.
Ad veritatem per caritatem '11.