Thanksgiving

My thanksgiving?
It was a whole week without practicing piano at all.

(Oh, and I just realized I should at least practice a lil bit...now, I'm sulking about how messed up my repertoires are.)

Oh, but it was fun and rejuvenated my mind like...freaking lot.
I gotta say that twas not a very bad idea to take a little break for a while.
Like a war: retreat, regroup and fight back.

Highlight of thanksgiving?
People eat like...it's' the last day of the earth. Seriously.
There are food and more food and more food and more food.
And deserts, pies, cakes everywhere...

Black Friday? Do not even ask about it.
I heard a story from my friend that there was a man got a heart attack because he was too excited over black friday.
I did not participate in Black Friday...I am sorry, I'm not into American consumerism.

Oh, I went to ride a horse...twas fun. My roomie is a big fan of country life.
As I stayed with her during thanksgiving, we went to her uncle's house; it is near Arlington, I presume.
Her uncle's house is a legit country house, with huge land and a horse.
Unlike Indonesian's pony horses, his horse is huge.
I was absolutely afraid that it will kick me somehow.
Anyway, here's me and the horse.

That's the horse roaming free...
My friend has a horse, in Abilene? Yes, in Abilene. 

This one is her horse.
Ah, let's just say...I wish I could do something to that light. :(
That's the guard dog in the stable. It's huge. I was afraid. Yes. It is friendly and I was still afraid.

So yes, I spent my thanksgiving in Arlington.

ps. We went to Dallas and drove past the neighborhood where Bush grew up.
Soon after that, a drunk hispanic guy passed in front of us and hit a tree in the intersection.
Yes, life is wild in States.
Ah, nope, as my friend said, "Everything is bigger in Texas."
I'll add more..."Everything is bigger, wild and unexpected in Texas."

Welcome...to the state of Texas.

1 comments:

 

Meet The Author

Michelle Josephine Sulaiman
19, almost 20.
Stranded in Abilene, TX after a long flight from Jakarta, ID.
9723.78 miles.
Ad veritatem per caritatem '11.