Angels, just without wings.

Just in case you are wondering, since the dorm is closed, during this break, I am staying with Stovalls.

The Stovalls consist of Steve (dad), Juanita (mom), Staci (my friend, a sophomore) and Stefani (the lil sister).

So, Stovalls...are angels.

Yes,how shall I describe this...they are angels in the form of humans.

This year, I met lots of angels in form of humans.

Do you remember my story when I was stuck in Paris...or in DFW?
A guy in Paris helped me as a translator between French and English. That is one.
Another guy in DFW airport...helped me to contact Mrs. Walters. That is two.
Mr. and Mrs. Walters who took care of meh and my bro during his short visit in States...That is three and four.
And the Stovalls, there are four of'em, plus grand-ma and g-daddy, that are five, six, seven, eight, nine and ten.

As a stranger in a foreign land, all of these people helped me, the stranger, through all of this stuff.
Why do I acknowledge them as angels?
Isn't it simple? They helped this stranger, even though they do not know me at all, through all of the obstacles I went through this year! 
They spent their time, efforts, funds, etc. etc. etc. to help people...who they may not know will repay them or not.
Unconditional love, that is.

And that is just what I think as angels...in a form of humans, those who have not wings.

And, I guess, each person can be an angel to one another.
To people who we do not know, who really need our help, who are clueless in their short journeys.

Let's be angels!
You do not need Christmas to be angels to others!

ps. Stovalls, I do not know how I shall say my gratitude to all your deeds to me.
I really mean it. I'm so thankful that God sent y'all to my life.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your unconditional love.

pps. I think, being a stranger in foreigner land, really helps me to appreciate people's kindness more and more.

ppps. I just remembered about one thing I saw during my visit to a homeless house in Abilene after Thanksgiving. How one of the residents there...be thankful to God for what He had taken and given from and to her. Well, let's just say, the lady who wrote that, somehow has been an angel to me :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

Michelle Josephine Sulaiman
19, almost 20.
Stranded in Abilene, TX after a long flight from Jakarta, ID.
9723.78 miles.
Ad veritatem per caritatem '11.