Journey to the East

I've been home for a month and I guess it was a right choice to fly for two days to get back to Indonesia - of which Bieber once said that it is a random country.

I don't really think that I can recall how it was, I mean, the trip and stuffs.

Well, one of my piano peeps in ACU took me from the small Abilene to DFW airport.
There I waited for hours, yep, til my plane boarded.
Hours? Yep, it's just 4.5 hours.
Oh, but DFW is cool. I ate Wendy's. Is that even noteworthy?
oh whatever, maybe I'm losing my touch after not blogging nor speaking English for a month.

Turbulence was bad. As bad as riding Kopaja. 
There, a descent looking kopaja.  This Kopaja? Oh this looks great. You won't find this easily in Jakarta.
     


A decent looking Kopaja.  








Anyway, yes the experience of sitting in a Kopaja is pretty similar to turbulence.
However, turbulence is even worst.
There ain't a way for y'all to freakin jump outside the plane - well, if you wanna live, that's it.

And soon I arrived in San Fransisco - 3 hours I guess. I think I saw the golden bridge, but...I'm not pretty sure about it. It was night after all.

Evidence numero uno

Then, I waited for an hour or so. I forgot to take pictures of SFO of course. I was not so bright.
SF held its own story. I checked in - changing the airlines: American Airlines to Cathay Pacific - and they said they didn't have my suitcases.

HOOP HOOP GOLDEN BRIDGE.

Oh yesh, so I was there, texting and calling my friend since I got nothin' to do and since I'm cool. Or maybe, I'm just an affection seeker.

But somehow, after providing'em with the color and brand of my suitcases, they found it, right before we boarded. Cool beans. I felt that this is some kind of Murphy Law in effect.

There, I had my 13.5 hours flight from SFO to HK, the amazing Hong Kong.
This ain't an advertisement but Cathay was pretty great. They got me...Haagen Dasz.

Evidence numero dos

You got a bonus: hipster picture of an airplane wing

Cathay is awesome. I sat beside a Chinese Malaysian, well I don't even know if that matters. However, this man talked to me - and looked for me - for the whole flight plus during boarding for my CX 777 flight - HK to CGK.
Well, FYI, Malaysians somehow have a thick accent, which I sometimes couldn't comprehend what on earth he told me. This was the time I nodded, y'kno to act as if I'm a cool Asian studying abroad and able to speak in a decent level of English. 
And...after a long flight - in which I slept, watched, ate instant cup noodle (believe me, it tastes so good) and creeped on people - I arrived in HK. 

The only bad thing about that freakin' long flight is that there are lots of Chinese -yes, I don't have an evidence for this but I guess this is a pretty good stereotypical acts of Chinese- who ain't have a skill to pee directly to the loo. For real, men. Aim your *cough* to the freakin' loo. It ain't great to pee while the floor was wet with your urine. Oh, and airplane's loo ain't the type that you can put tissue in. I don't know whether this is Americans fault or whatever, but people, learn! (yes, I'm pretty pissed)

another bonus to be added into your hipster album
That's the pic of HK scenery from the airport. Oh and yes, it's another hipster picture taken with instagram. And that little birdy thing by the plane's tail is Cathay's logo.

And while I was skyping my American peeps-shout out to Spooner and Phipps- and my brotha, the Malaysian came and got me breakfast. See people, you have to be nice to people who happened to be older than you. They always, always know that a broke college student from a third world country, which in my case happened to be Indonesia, needs some kind of free food and drink since he/she doesn't wanna spend money on stuffs in airport. 
HK airport is awesome. Every airport with free wifi is awesome.

I waited for couple o' hours and got shipped back to Jakarta. Twas a 3 hour flight, or so.
You, yes you whoever you are, need to learn the geography of Indonesia.
Y'kno thrown back into the puny little island of Java.

In my mind, as I landed back to Jakarta, I was ready to curse a person in every languages that I know if an Indonesian tried to skip the line in front of me in daaa immigration. I was weary and tired from my flight. Jet lagged and was not prepared to speak in ma own mother tongue, I stepped into da immigration. Luckily, nobody was hurt from ma curse. Great improvement, Indonesians. 

And here I am in da humid-freakin hot-traffic jammed like nobody's business-city called Jakarta. 
Since I kinda like Jakarta, I gotta show some cool pics of Jakarta.

Or not, I will only show you the airport.

2 comments:

  1. for God sake, your cool pics of Jakarta were just a decent look Kopaja and the bright and good looking side of our airport?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep... cos I haven't taken couple o'pictures of Jakarta on my own, so I guessed I would just post those stuffs.

    ReplyDelete

 

Meet The Author

Michelle Josephine Sulaiman
19, almost 20.
Stranded in Abilene, TX after a long flight from Jakarta, ID.
9723.78 miles.
Ad veritatem per caritatem '11.