why excessive make up, why?

This may not be my first post about makeup, but really I just thought about it and...-yes, I don't regularly wear makeup on- I do not quite understand why people wear makeup on.

To begin with, I want to clarify that these people I really want to talk about are not people who wear light makeup on with quite great reasons: "to make me look a little bit older...", "I look so pale without makeup, people just keep on asking me whether I'm okay or not", "Oh, I don't like seeing my face so oily."

I really want to talk about some people who wear excessive makeup - which people may have different standards for themselves-...and who may have the 30-minutes wearing make up on session each morning.


Some of American habits just don't make sense to me. Some people start wearing make up on when they're still in middle school. I am not saying that it is wrong; it is just something that I will gladly say "no comprendo, mi amiga". Why do people as young as 13 years old eager to go to school with make up on? I'm not saying that the kids are wrong - I mean, 13 years old don't think like I do; they wanna look cool; they're trying to find their identities. However, why do a 13 years old think that wearing makeup on makes her look cooler?


I talked over this to one of my friends and she asked me back, "Do you want to see your professor going to the class wearing sweatpants?"
Obviously, my Asian mindset does not want to see that...but in my opinion- hey, it's my opinion, it can be different from yours, just a small reminder- dressing up and wearing makeup on is not an all-in-one-package. Back in high school, I didn't mind having my teachers not putting excessive makeup on- they still wear nice outfit though. Some of them didn't bother to wear makeup on, and oh dear Lord, I didn't mind at all. They taught the subjects well to the students, with or without makeup on.

I am just wondering why do people spend 30 minutes- or less, if they're pros in makeup- each morning before classes.
As for myself, I prefer to use that 30 minutes to eat Annie's omelet in the Bean, ponder at the nature and walk leisurely to my class. 

Oh, and -don't forget this- to save couple bucks from buying new makeup kits every now and then- which, yes, I can use to eat my Chinese food or buy cute outfits or, ultimately, travel cool places in the States.

ps. your opinion may differ from me. It's okay. Chill. I don't judge people with excessive make up. Oh wait, I do actually.

pps. there are always 'accepted excuses' for heavy makeup!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

Michelle Josephine Sulaiman
19, almost 20.
Stranded in Abilene, TX after a long flight from Jakarta, ID.
9723.78 miles.
Ad veritatem per caritatem '11.