Choir thing

This is the first time I feel happy singing in my campus, as happy as I sang back in my choir back home.

It's not even because of my own choir, it's because the other choir in my campus, which sings absolutely better than my choir.

It reminds me of what the quality shall be. It reminds me to my choir back home.

My choir back home, Vox Angelorum, well, quite frankly, is way much better than the choir I have now here. It's not about the fact that we won 2 gold medals or couple silver medals; it's more about the quality itself. It's about the people. It's about what the piece we are singing about. It's about who we are singing for. It's about worship. It's about asking someone to teach you how to sing it well if you do not know how. It's about being modest to ask others how to produce warm-beautiful-clear tone. It is...more than a choir; it's more like a family. Thus, here in States, I could say...sometimes you do not need to be in first or second world countries to be able to sing in good choirs; even a third-world country may have way more astonishing choirs!

Anyway, I'm starting to think about moving into that greater choir. I do not mind an extra day of choir rehearsal if I will be happy from it :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

Michelle Josephine Sulaiman
19, almost 20.
Stranded in Abilene, TX after a long flight from Jakarta, ID.
9723.78 miles.
Ad veritatem per caritatem '11.