A Reason to Cry


Isn't it funny to think about yourself..realizing that you're in a different continent, not speaking your mother's tongue...and every time you're looking into your laptop's background, you're looking into the 'ole good days' of high school, that you're not even a part of it?

Isn't it funny to think that you're even not writing in your own language...having no one to speak your own language except those in Skype?

Isn't it funny to realize that you have dreams about your friends, family, and piano teacher in your own language...then wake up...speaking a language...you did not grow up with?

This is my life...a point in my life that I realize...this must be a dream, that I can't hug my parents nor friends nor my beloved piano teacher. This must be a dream that I can study here in States while my parents are not that wealthy. I do not come from a very wealthy family; compared to others studying in States, my mom is not even a manager, and my dad...is just a regular architect. I know I'm much more lucky compared to other people in the world, but my background is not a background of a person studying in States.

Thus, this builds up my mind so well. I realize that I shall give my best to those who love me (whom I love to). I realize that the greatest gratitude I can give to God for this impossible experience is only through hard work.

I do not know what I will do after college nor what will happen after college.

All I know is that...I cannot stop thanking God every day for this wonderful and amazing experience...here in a small city of Texas, that doesn't even have Body Shop store (nor people knowing about it), called Abilene.

Mom, Dad, Pak Joh, I love y'all.





4 comments:

  1. at last, the comment function is fixed :)
    you know what? I envy your current life now... hahahaha... just enjoy your time there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, I changed the whole template! it works anyway :D glad you enjoy it broooooh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of your attitude during this hard cultural transition. You are so loved by the girls on our hall and having those relationships is what gets you through homesickness :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asiaaaaa! I'm so blessed to have an amazing RA like ya! :D

    ReplyDelete

 

Meet The Author

Michelle Josephine Sulaiman
19, almost 20.
Stranded in Abilene, TX after a long flight from Jakarta, ID.
9723.78 miles.
Ad veritatem per caritatem '11.