11.12.2011.

I registered for my classes this following semester. Small peek about my adviser : My adviser is a beast. She is a real dictator: I didn't have an advising time. She gave me a piece of paper with every classes that she told me that I should take. She has a picture of herself with red belt inside her office. She is the scholarship coordinator. She is the kind of person you prayed not mess up with, that's if you still want to have your scholarship with you.

And a small peek of what inside my mind:

I feel that the transition towards college life is somewhat too short, too shocking to my mind to comprehend that I'm in college now and not in high school.
I am afraid that I will wake up one day, knowing that I just dreamed about attending a college in States. I'm afraid that all of amazing people that I met here in States are just an illusion.
I'm afraid that after I wake up, I am not able to play the piano.
I'm afraid that after I wake up, I will not able to be hugged by all of my friends here and back home.
What if life is merely a dream in the middle of summer?
What if I wake up one day and feel no joy of playing the piano?
What if I wake up one day and know not anything about Rachmaninoff, Bach, Mozart, and all of those amazing composers?

What a weird weird world.

This whole year, I went to Singapore (just in a weekend before school exams week!),  China (my brother's graduation year), Thailand (choir competition with voxers), and now I'm stranded in States.
I traveled a lot this day...and I feel that I learned a bunch of experiences from all of those.
I want to do backpacking...and see more and more of this weird weird world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

Michelle Josephine Sulaiman
19, almost 20.
Stranded in Abilene, TX after a long flight from Jakarta, ID.
9723.78 miles.
Ad veritatem per caritatem '11.