Assumptions

Assumptions.

Assumptions are made of humans. While not knowing the truth, humans made assumptions. Assumptions over science, over friendship, over relationship, over someone's cheating, over someone's betrayal, over everything.
At a certain point, assumptions evolve in one step: it changed into a belief.

Do you really belief that your friends talk about you on your back?  Or does it come from an assumption when your friends laughing after you walk away?
Do you really belief that your teacher is a racist? Or does it come from an assumption of how your essay was graded?

Humans made assumptions. Minds turn assumptions into believes. And there is no stop.
People keep on assuming, lurking inside their assumptions...and basically...ruining their and other lives.

Somehow, I wished I could peek into someone's mind...it is just when assumptions are not needed anymore.

ps. I was in the library while writing this. This was a result of Facebook chatting with Abby, my American friend, who sit in front of me.  Yes, I know. That was silly. This is what she said --> "exactlyyyy! you know what assuming does.... it makes an ASS out of U and ME"

I need to prove whether my assumptions towards certain someone is true or not, thus I did something...but I realize...maybe it doesn't matter whether my assumptions are right or not...what matters are my belief, which came out of my assumptions, locked my mind from even trying to know the truth. Well, just saying.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

Michelle Josephine Sulaiman
19, almost 20.
Stranded in Abilene, TX after a long flight from Jakarta, ID.
9723.78 miles.
Ad veritatem per caritatem '11.