STRIKE!

I almost give up on trying to get an A-xcellent paper.

My professor wrote in my paper that I should get help, I will need get better...etc.etc.etc

IF ONLY you know the way things work in my life.

You do not have to work your ass 4 hours a day with your piano (sometimes more...sometimes less) in order to get your freaking scholarship to States, don't you?

Your native language is English. Of course, you're an American!
So, how bout changing place sometimes?
How bout you making paper in MY language? Strike one.

OH, and if you compare me to other international students whose English are marvelous, every people are freaking different, aren't they?
Most went to international high schools, stressing hard on daily usage of English...and ahem, I went to regular high school. Strike two.

Do you freaking know that I DID try to get some help?
Like about twice or three times going to writing center?
I did try to get help. Strike three.

You're out of da freaking game.

ps. 11/19.

This is exactly how I feel afterwards. I want him to regard me as a regular student, yet I do not want him to regard me as an international one. Paradox? Yes, always.
I want him not to think that my English is super duper sucks, yet I want him to know that I'm different with other students. I know that I just want him to see me as someone unique instead of someone with lots of deficiency of English ability. Perhaps, that's the best way for me to explain what I truly desire.
I really understand that he knows that I want to improve my papers...but has someone really give me solutions...? Solutions...about grammar? Has someone with authority ever tell me how?

I know that the way college works is very different with high school. However, I think that it does not mean that my professor is able to just say that my paper is not good enough but not providing me with solutions. It is similar with your teachers tell you that 1+1 is not 3, yet they do not explain how to do it.

pps. I'm tired of speaking English. Truly tired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

Michelle Josephine Sulaiman
19, almost 20.
Stranded in Abilene, TX after a long flight from Jakarta, ID.
9723.78 miles.
Ad veritatem per caritatem '11.