Asian mom

My Asian mom for you.

Being Asian does not always mean you gotta have As for your classes, especially if you have your high school in Asia.

First of all, it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get even A- for your grade. I remembered that there were only one girl in my entire senior year who was able to get A- for her GPA.
(Oh, I remembered I once get a 100 in a class during grade school. Well, it's just grade school after all. Well, to my Indonesian friends, twas PLKJ class.)

So, B is good in Asia. yeah, like 80s and such.

Thus, if you have an Asian friend (like me) and she or he does not have A for her or his GPA, please, the continent of Asia is such a crazy place.

My Asian mom's rules are:
do amazing stuffs in your academic stuffs. (I got a 70 for a science class; my dad was okay to that, and my mom? she said...why not 80s?) #heartstab
do not date during middle school - high school. (Oh, I did. Oops Mom...)
do not sleepover in someone's place. (Yes, I never sleepover in someone's place...so sleeping over in someone's place will be very exciting for me)
you can get Cs for gymnastic and PE. (Regarding my poor athletic ability, I am so glad!)

It's just awkward for Americans for these kind of rules...well, I feel that it will be awkward for me to sleepover in someone's place!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

Michelle Josephine Sulaiman
19, almost 20.
Stranded in Abilene, TX after a long flight from Jakarta, ID.
9723.78 miles.
Ad veritatem per caritatem '11.